Frequently Asked Questions
Does Lamboo® offer warranties for its products?
The following product lines offer a 10 Year Limited Commercial Warranty:
a. Lamboo® Structure™
b. Lamboo® Elements™
c. Lamboo® Rainscreen™
The following product lines offer a 5 Year Limited Commercial Warranty:
a. Lamboo® Vue™
b. Lamboo® Skyline™
c. Lamboo® Surface™
All warranties are available on our website under the Resources heading.
Where can I purchase my Lamboo® products?
Currently, Lamboo sells and distributes its product directly to the market. All products are distributed from Illinois.
What are your typical lead times for stock and custom products?
1. Unfinished Materials in Stock: 7 to 10 Business Days
2. Typical Lead-time for Fabricated and/or Finished Materials in Stock: 4 to 6 weeks
3. For Custom Products: 12 to 20 weeks dependent upon volume and complexity of products requested.
Are your exterior products treated?
All Lamboo exterior-grade products are pressure treated with environmentally safe preservatives which help with decay and rot from the inside out. Lamboo also utilizes exterior grade adhesives and binders to insure performance in exterior applications.
Do your products offer LEED Credits?
Answer: YES. Our products may contribute up to 5 LEED Credits:
1. INc1 - Innovation in Design (Life Cycle/Environment Impact)
2. EAc2 - Innovation in Design (Environmentally preferred material)
3. EQc2 - Low Emitting Materials (No added formaldehyde)
4. MRc4 - Qualifies as Certified Wood (Although bamboo is a grass)
5. MRc6 - Rapidly Renewable Materials
Note: Not all credits may apply due to the application how the materials will be used in the project.
What size options of Rainscreen do you offer?
- 3” Rainscreen Slats (Actual: 11/16” x 2-3/4”)
- 5” Rainscreen Slats (Actual: 11/16” x 4-3/4”)
- 7” Rainscreen Slats (Actual: 11/16” x 6-1/2”)
a. Available Lengths: 8’/12’/16’
- 2’x8’ Panel Option (Actual: ¾” x 24” x 96”)
Will I need any special tooling or equipment to work with Lamboo?
- Typical woodworking tools and machinery can be used to fabricate Lamboo materials.
- Advanced machinery, such as CNC machines, can also be used to cut and profile Lamboo.
- It is highly recommended to use high-carbide tooling.
What stains or finishes do you recommend I use?
- Interior Stains and Finishes:
a. Solvent or Water-based Sealers and Top Coats
b. Solvent-based stain
- Exterior Stains and Finishes:
a. Solvent-based or Oil-Based stains only
For all up-to-date stain and finished systems used by Lamboo, contact the corporate office and speak to a product technical specialist.
What type of fasteners or clips are used for your Rainscreen System?
- Lamboo has developed it’s own hidden fastener system, the Lamboo® Titan™ Mounting System.
- All mounting hardware is made with marine-grade or architectural grade aluminum and fasteners are stainless steel.
How can I receive samples?
- Lead time of project
- Phone Number
- Ship to Address
- Project Name
- Company Name (If Applicable)
- Budget (If Available)
Is there a minimum order amount?
For stock products, Lamboo does not have a minimum order quantity requirement.
For custom products, Lamboo may require a minimum order requirement. This will be determined at time of quotation of the project.
What maintenance is needed for your exterior products?
Like other natural products, Lamboo is engineered with 100% bamboo material. Therefore, it will require maintenance to keep its original beauty and luster over the years. Lamboo offers a maintenance guide to ensure that your project looks like new throughout the life of the product. Contact us for further assistance.
What dimensional Lamboo lumber do you stock?
Lamboo currently stocks dimensional componenets similar to typical dimensional lumbers as provided in the building market. Lamboo's current list is:
What is the Fire Rating for Lamboo products?
Lamboo's standard fire rating on all material is Class B.
If I am using my own attachment system or face fastening products, what fasteners/clips do you recommend?
Exterior - Stainless steel bolts, washers, uts, or self-tapping screws
Interior- Xinc or nickel coated
Exterior - Staineless steel
Interior - Typical wood screws
NOTE: Ceramic or zinc coated screws are not recommended in exterior applications. An undesired look may occur as a result of te coating leeching into the Lamboo products.
Recommended Clips/Mounting Hardware:
Exterior - Stainless steel/anodized/powder coated
Interior - Aluminum/steel
Is pre-drilling required when working with Lamboo?
What kind of fabrication capacities does Lamboo offer?
Lamboo’s Capacities Include:
- Highly Skilled Professionals
- Interior Grade & Exterior Grade Finishing Equipment
- Industrial Woodworking Equipment
- 5 Head Molder
- CNC Routing Machines
Lamboo has also established partnerships throughout the US with leading manufacturers in a variety of manufacturing disciplines to ensure that Lamboo can support your project and be your “One-Stop Shop” with “Turn-key” product solutions.
Do I need to have a professional install the Lamboo Rainscreen System, or can I do it myself?
Based on the simplicity of the Lambo Rainscreen System, any typical sub-contractor or siding installer can install our rainscreen system.
- Lamboo can always recommend an installer (if applicable) in areas where Lamboo has had projects where the rainscreen system has been installed.
- Lamboo can also provide support to the sub-contractor or installer that the customer decides to use.
Why Lamboo versus Wood or Timber products?
- Quality: Lamboo only offers Grade A materials to ensure quality and performance of Lamboo products.
- No Need to “Cover it Up”: Lamboo’s products offer a natural and beautiful aesthetic that does not require the need for drywall or other forms of “masking” the finish installed materials.
- High Dimensional Stability: Due to Lamboo’s density & mechanical properties, Lamboo is perfect for long spans.
- High Yield: Lamboo offers up to 98% to 99% usage, avoiding the need to cut around defects, voids, and knots. This helps reduce jobsite waste and allow contractors to utilize the necessary amount of materials instead of charging for extra materials to account for waste from wood products.
- Rapidly Renewable: We can harvest every 4-5 years compared to timbers harvest cycle of 50+ years.
- Materials Utilization:
- Lamboo: 4 to 5 years equaling 12 to 14 tons of useable fiber per acre
- Soft Wood: 15 to 20 years equaling 4 to 6 tons of useable fiber per acre
- Exotic Hardwoods (like Ipe): 50 to 100 years equaling 50 tons of useable fiber per acre.
- Materials Utilization:
How does Lamboo compare in cost to other typical woods and exotic lumbers?
- Lamboo does not compare in cost to typical building lumbers like Pine and Douglas Fir.
- Lamboo products are more cost competitive with exotic lumbers like Ipe, Teak, Cumaru, and higher end exotics and other engineered woods and composites.
- Lamboo does offer price breaks dependent on volume of materials within a project as well as the inclusion of multiple product lines within a project.
- To provide the best price, contact the Lamboo Corporate Office and speak with a Internal Sales Specialist.
Does Lamboo offer any Continuing Education courses?
Yes. Our CEU courses can be found under the Resources heading